Thread: Students Terrorised. All schools, colleges closed nationwide

1. Students Terrorised. All schools, colleges closed nationwide

* Three women among six killed in first-ever attack on students as twin suicide bombers hit Islamic University Islamabad

* 25 female students among 29 injured

* Punjab closes educational institutions indefinitely while NWFP, Balochistan and Sindh closed till Sunday

The provincial governments on Tuesday ordered the closure of government and private educational institutions across the country following an attack on the International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI) in which six people, including three female students, were killed and 29 others injured.

The Sindh Education Department announced the closure of all government and private schools in the province until October 25 (Sunday), adding universities would remain closed on October 21 (Wednesday) only. The NWFP and Balochistan governments have also announced the closure of all education institutions until Sunday. Educational institutions in the federal capital had already been shut down until October 25.

In Punjab, a private TV channel reported all government and private education institutions would remain closed until further orders. Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah told the channel all education institutions would reopen once the security situation improved.

Mubasshar

2. Re: Students Terrorised. All schools, colleges closed nationwide

i think you really should call upon people like Imran Khan and Qazi Hussain Ahmad and ask them if they now really have a reason to say that we shouldnt be fighting a war in our tribal areas. This is definitely not an 'offspring', as they call it, of our actions in the tribal areas.Had we left these people with what they were doing, there would have been a Lal masjid in every neighbourhood and the Gillette would probable close down in Pakistan because nobody would be allowed to shave. The question is not if why we are a part of this war. The question is if we are bringing down the right places and the right people there.

Im Ahmad and i've just joined this forum today. I dont really know its actually Mubashir Lucman himself who im replying to, but just in case he is, i would salute you and your programme. Im a 19 year old concerned Pakistani and iv just moved to the states for my education. It would be a pleasure giving my views as a reflection of the literate student thoughts and more of a pleasure to see a response from you.
    Regards,
    Ahmad

3. Re: Students Terrorised. All schools, colleges closed nationwide

Quote Originally Posted by mohammadahmad8
    i think you really should call upon people like Imran Khan and Qazi Hussain Ahmad and ask them if they now really have a reason to say that we shouldnt be fighting a war in our tribal areas. This is definitely not an 'offspring', as they call it, of our actions in the tribal areas.Had we left these people with what they were doing, there would have been a Lal masjid in every neighbourhood and the Gillette would probable close down in Pakistan because nobody would be allowed to shave. The question is not if why we are a part of this war. The question is if we are bringing down the right places and the right people there.

Im Ahmad and i've just joined this forum today. I dont really know its actually Mubashir Lucman himself who im replying to, but just in case he is, i would salute you and your programme. Im a 19 year old concerned Pakistani and iv just moved to the states for my education. It would be a pleasure giving my views as a reflection of the literate student thoughts and more of a pleasure to see a response from you.
    Regards,
    Ahmad
    Hi Ahmad, welcome to the forum man.

This is a nice new place but whos who is something to wonder since none has posted any introduction. Couple of days ago I saw an interview here from ARY of Qasi Hussain and he seems still in denial that Pakistan is at war with talibans.