* Five policemen among 10 injured in attack g Police says 3kg of explosives used

* Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Alami claims responsibility

* Raisani says some elements pushing Baloch people into civil war


Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani miraculously escaped an assassination attempt by a suicide bomber at the Railway level crossing of Saryab on Tuesday. The blast left 10 people, including five policemen, injured.

Quetta police chief Abid Notkani said that it was a suicide attack and only the bomber had been killed.

An unknown group, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Alami, claimed responsibility of the attack. The group’s spokesman, who introduced himself as Abdullah Jhangvi, called at the Quetta Press Club from an undisclosed location and vowed to carry out such attacks in the future as well. However, the banned religious outfit Lashkar-e-Jhangvi denied its involvement in the attack, asking the media to verify the news before providing details.

Raisani left his residence, Sarawan House, for the provincial assembly session and as soon as his convoy reached near the Saryab crossing area, a suicide bomber blew himself up, injuring 10 people, including five police personnel, who were part of the motorcade. However, The CM escaped unhurt, as the blast occurred seconds after his vehicle had passed the site.


[link:3nyjmjuh]http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\12\08\story_8-12-2010_pg1_1,Daily Times[/link:3nyjmjuh]