Pakistan team captain Misbhul Haq said that he was satisfied with the performance of the team especially young lads who were working hard to and performing well.
Talking to the media persons here at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) on Monday, Misbah expressed his satisfaction over Ireland trip, and hoped that the performance of the young players would improve with the passage of time. “The result speaks itself and I am satisfied with the performance. The team combination worked out very well and the young players are getting better with experience,” he said and added: “The consistency shown by the side is heartening. Overall, the team is moving in the right direction.”
“West Indies and Ireland tour was a nice blend of mutual understanding between the team and team management. The team is bound to show good performance and attitude in the ground rather than showing it in front of the team management.”
Misbah said role of the team management was also important. “The players’ on-field performance matters a lot,” he believed. “The management has been very supportive during the twin tour of West Indies and Ireland. They draft a strategy but the onus to achieve favourable result rests with the players who have to deliver on field,” he said and added: “Actually, it was a combined effort of the team.”
“The attitude of the players is equally important along with the performance,” said Misbah. When he was questioned about captaincy, he replied that captaincy was an honour for me and it was up to the cricket board for how much time they would rely on me and provide me chance to bring laurels for the country.
When asked about the ongoing row between former sacked Captain Shahid Afridi and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), he declined to comment on it.
Talking about the statements of Lahore team captain for National Twenty20 Cricket and veteran M Yousuf, Misbah said: “Though the importance of Test cricket cannot be denied yet Twenty20 cricket has its own charm and importance and it attracts the crowd more than two other formats. It gave the game a new look and charm and beautified it to attract more and more people. So I disagree with Yousuf’s statement.”