Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik held Lashkar-i-Jhangvi responsible for the Karachi Ashura blast last month, adding that the final report on the Bolton Market incident will be completed in ten days.

'Al-Qaeda, TTP, Lashkar-i-Jhangvi and Jaish-i-Mohammad are behind the bombings in Karachi,' the Interior Minister stated on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Sindh Home Minister Zulfiqar Mirza stated that there was no security failure on the 10th of Muharram and investigations are underway.

Rehman Malik added that so far 30 people have been arrested in connection with the Bolton Market sabotage in Karachi on 10th Muharram, following the blast on the Ashura procession.

'We have recovered looted goods as well,' added the minister.

On the issue of target killings in Karachi, Malik said that criminal elements will be dealt with an iron hand in Karachi, adding that the Anti-Terrorism Act will be applicable in the case of criminals from Lyari, Pak Colony, Sherpao Colony and Orangi Town.

This will enable rangers to operate more effectively as most gangsters operate from these areas, he said.

DawnNews

[cubic1:25lwhzfo][/cubic1:25lwhzfo]