Pakistan’s Twenty20 captain Shoaib Malik has vowed to “expose” Mohammad Yousuf after the Test and one-day skipper hit out at him this week.
Yousuf, who last month presided over a humiliating Test and one-day series defeat against Australia, kicked off the storm by suggesting divisions in the team had all been due to one man.
While Yousuf did not name Malik during that interview, he later told reporters Pakistan’s downfall had begun when Malik was handed the captaincy.
Malik, who was again given the captaincy for Pakistan’s Twenty20 series against England in Dubai, on Friday said: “Yousuf has made some serious allegations against me and this time I am going to expose him publicly.
“These allegations are untrue. I have always been a team man and I have done nothing to spoil the atmosphere of the dressing room.
“Yousuf attacked me first when I was captain in 2008 and he is doing it again now when I have been made captain for the two matches against England.”
[cubic:3a255nxd][/cubic:3a255nxd]
Malik was replying to Yousuf’s suggestion Pakistan’s problems dated back to his appointment as captain.
“Nasim Ashraf (former Pakistan Cricket Board chairman) made a big mistake by making Shoaib Malik the captain,” Yousuf said.
“It was during his captaincy that the culture of groups within a team took root and respect for senior players fell.
“Two or three players are spoiling things in the team and I will reveal their names in the next few days.”
The PCB have formed a panel to probe reasons for the defeats in Australia.
Yousuf is scheduled to be questioned by the six-member panel headed by PCB’s chief operating officer Wasim Bari but reports suggest Malik’s request to also appear before the panel was turned down.