PML-N Central Spokesman Ahsan Iqbal has said that the trial of former President Pervez Musharraf has become writing on the wall no matter how many diversionary tactics the government uses to put it into cold storage or shelve it.

Ahsan Iqbal said this in a statement issued here on Thursday. He said that the statement made by President Asif Ali Zardari about being a stakeholder in giving safe exit to the former dictator had disappointed the whole nation.

No one has the power to give safe passage or grant ultra judicial indemnity to someone who killed thousands of innocent Pakistani citizens, said Iqbal adding that whosoever had done so would be considered a co-accused and abettor in the crime.

The government should initiate proceedings against Pervez Musharraf under Article-6 and then leave it to the judiciary to decide otherwise the people would solve this matter in the same way the deposed judges were restored, he underlined.

Iqbal said the government should make its position clear on contradictory statements about US aid. He said that the US authorities had stated that an assistance of $3 billion had been provided to the Government of Pakistan but on the other hand the finance minister has hinted at receiving aid to the tune of $970 million only.

By: Dawn News