Pakistan’s Twenty20 captain Shahid Afridi has urged Mohammad Yousuf not to retire from international cricket, calling the decision an ‘emotional’ one.
Having received and indefinite ban from the Pakistan Cricket Board for his role in the team’s disastrous tour to Australia, Yousuf – a veteran of 88 Tests – has indicated that he plans to retire from international cricket.
But Afridi, who was fined by the PCB during the same crack down that saw Yousuf banned, has urged his countryman to reconsider his decision.
[cubic:7402yvk8][/cubic:7402yvk8]
“I think Yousuf is taking an emotional decision, but I think he must reconsider his decision because he still has a lot to give to Pakistan cricket,” Afridi is quoted as telling PTI.
“Yousuf I think has been affected by the recent happenings and is upset with the ban on him, but he is a senior player and he must handle the situation. He must not take an emotional decision.
“We have a lot of Test matches coming up in next 10 to 12 months and we need his experience against the top teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand,” he added.