MUZAFFARGARH: Former foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar has announced today that she will not contest directly in upcoming general elections, SAMAA reported on Saturday.

Hina Khar has said that her father, Noor Rabbani Khar, will compete from their native constituency, as usual, and she is just a covering candidate from there.

“I always assisted my father as a covering candidate from our native constituency and this time again my father will contest and I am his covering candidate,” said Hina Khar.

Former foreign minister Khar will now be a candidate on special reserved seats of women in national Assembly from Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), informed sources.

After Jamshed Dasti, now Hina Rabbani Khar is no more a candidate from Muzaffargarh; it is expected that Noor Rabbani Khar will win this seat from younger brother of Jamshed Dasti easily if PML-N failed to launch a strong candidate from that constituency.

Rana Mehboob Akhtar, PTI candidate from same constituency, has said that Malik Noor Rabbani Khar is involved in water theft case and it can disqualify him from the polls.

If Noor Rabbani Khar disqualifies by the ECP, then it is expected that Hina Khar will stand from her native constituency. SAMAA