[bv1:69sspuh5][/bv1:69sspuh5]
My wife and I were interviewed for a US visa on Dec 15, 2008. Although my wife’s passport was returned within a week with the visa endorsed on it, I was told that I had to wait for necessary processing before my passport could be endorsed. I haven’t received my passport to date and I am still waiting.

My son, a bachelor without a job, and my son-in-law applied for a US visa before I did and got their visa endorsed in nine and four months respectively.

I am over 70 years of age; I have visited the United States several times and returned without overstaying; I have property and assets in Pakistan which I can never forsake for the US.

Moreover, my ties with my country are so strong that I’d rather die than become a second rate citizen in a foreign country.

My sole purpose to visit the US for one last time was to see my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren (especially) who live in Minneapolis. Is that asking for too much?

Finally, till date, I think I can safely apply for a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest wait by the US Embassy for a visa endorsement. Is there anyone in the world who has been kept waiting for longer that 16 months (and may be more — who knows)?

WG.CDR. (r) SARDAR AHMED SHAH JAN
Peshawar
[sm1:69sspuh5][/sm1:69sspuh5]