[sm1v0zb406][/sm1v0zb406]

With Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh not in the squad, India will struggle against Pakistan’s comeback pacer Shoaib Akhtar, fast bowler Sohail Tanvir predicted on Saturday. Sohail is convinced that Shoaib, who makes an international comeback after an eventful year in the wilderness, would be a changed man on his return and expected him to do well, provided he retains his fitness, which has always been an issue with the temperamental pacer. “I don’t think there is any need be too concerned about Shoaib’s performance. He has been a great asset for Pakistan cricket for many years and if he stays fit, he will deliver,” Sohail said of his teammate. “India will be without Tendulkar and Yuvraj while most of the others are recuperating from the losses against Zimbabwe. In such a scenario, it would not be easy dealing with Shoaib’s pace and variety,” Sohail told espnstar.com. Sohail played down Shoaib’s temperamental problems that often landed the pacer in trouble. “Look, whatever has happened in the past is history. I am sure you will get to see a different Shoaib Akhtar in the Asia Cup. No matter how big a star any player is, comebacks are the same for all,” said Sohail. “Shoaib is a fighter and he has done remarkably well despite so many injuries in his career. I hope there is a change this time when he gets back into the team. Pakistan needs him to do well,” he added. — Agencies
By: Dawn News