Islamabad: Pakistan’s one of the veteran journalists and leading TV anchors Syed Talat Hussain has joined AAJ TV as a senior anchor, Saach.Tv reports.
Talat Hussain, who is highly respected for his courageous stance over the issues of national importance, will be hosting a current affairs show from Friday to Sunday at 10:00 PM.
Talat Hussain had already served as Director News at AAJ TV and had also worked for big channels such as Dawn News, Express News. He had also worked as a resident editor of The News, the country’s leading English daily.
When contacted Syed Talat Hussain said, “I understand that a lot of expectations are built around my return to Aaj and what it means for the channel, but my role is limited to doing three shows a week. I am not dealing with news, or infotainment or with other current affairs shows.”
He further said, “I have a lot going in my professional life. Three columns a week for Express Urdu, six write-ups for Saach, monthly pieces for Newsline, teaching World History O levels at Beacon House, Media Ethics at Fatima Jinnah University, besides contributions to Thalaseemia Centre in Mianwali and consultancy work in the health and education sectors. This a lot. Can’t manage heavy responsibilities at any organisation.”
“Aaj offers the best possible option for free expression and unhindered editorial discretion. This matches well with my type of work. Hopefully, this will become the basis of a durable and mutually rewarding professional association,” he added.